2020 Summer Camp
Campmaster – Alex Gabel
- Assistant Campmaster – Marj Sell
When and Where
- Troop 315 will be attending the 4th session from July 26-Aug 2, 2020. We will be camping in Camp Piercing Arrow at campsite Long.
- Camp fees will be deducted from your scout account as follows:
- 1st half payment on January 31, 2018 – (Estimated) $180
- 2nd half payment on March 30, 2018 – (Estimated) $180
HOAC charges a penalty fee if camp fees are paid after April 15th, 2020.
- Camperships are available from Heart of America Council and the Troop Four Hearts Fund. Forms can be found on the Resources page. The HOAC application is due in February.
Summer Camp Information
- Parents Priceless Information Guide 2018 edition (2019 coming soon)
- Special Needs Request Form 2018 (2019 coming soon) – Due to Mr. France by June 1st, 2018.
- Troop 315 Class B T-shirts are ordered in the spring. Class B’s are required for summer camp and are worn to summer meetings and at other troop activities.
- Bartle Commemorative T-shirt pre-order – Bartle summer camp shirts can be pre-ordered so you are guaranteed a shirt when we get to camp. They’re usually in the Trading Post also.
- Merit Badge Sign-Up Form 2018
- Merit Badge Sign-up Guide
- Outpost Sign-Up Form 2018
- Outpost Descriptions
- Prescription medications cannot be held by Scouts while camping (except for inhalers, etc). A medication authorization form and medication routine form must be filled out and turned in with the exact amount of medication in original bottles. Get the forms and instructions on the Resources page.
- Health Forms – A health form with a physical is needed for any event over 72 hours, such as summer camp, and requires an annual physical exam that won’t expire while you’re at camp. This is for all ages of Scouts and Scouters. Only the new A-B-C form with a physical will be accepted. A chiropractor’s signature does not qualify for the physical. Blank forms can be found on the Resources page
- Guide for homesick scouts and parents
- Family Day Flyer – Family Day is July 14, 2019
- H. Roe Bartle Camp Map
- Camp Sawmill Map
- Trail Maps
- Driving Directions to Bartle from Olathe
- Visitors Guide
- Bartle Cam (live webcam)
- See who is signed up
- Tents at Bartle are the army-style canvas tent on a frame. The floor is approximately 9′ x 7.5′ if Scouts want to bring a tarp, outdoor carpet or other floor covering (even just a strip through the middle is fine). A piece of rope about 12′ long can be used to make a clothesline through the middle of the tent to hang towels, Class A on a hanger, etc.
The Campmaster places the Troop Scoutmaster on sabbatical during summer camp.